Friday, June 14, 2013

Divorce... Not Our Cup of Tea!

I think this is something that happens quite a bit in the "industry" (restaurant industry that is).

Recently, B found out that a former sous chef of his is getting a divorce. It saddens both of us to hear this. We never like hearing that people we know are getting a divorce. It sucks.

My parents divorced when I was 2. My mom remarried fairly quickly and was divorced from him by the time I was 8. My dad waited a long time before marrying again and I was a bridesmaid in his wedding. He got a divorce a few years ago. My mom got married again a few years ago, for the 3rd time.

I know what it's like for a kid and it's not easy. I never wanted my daughter to feel that way. So, when B and I got engaged, I knew before he even asked that divorce was never a part of our future. We don't think it's the right thing for us. I would say we don't believe in it, but it's kind of hard to say that.

We entered our marriage at 25 (me) and 35 (B). We waited to find the right person and we were never shy about who we were. I knew I was marrying a chef. I knew that it wasn't going to be puppies and rainbows. I knew that there would be times when I was going to be doing things on my own. I am perfectly fine with that. I just know that he loves me and I love him and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

XOXO
Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment