Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Compliments

B is really not one for compliments. I have to do my hair, put on makeup and something fancy just to get him to say I look nice. Nice? Whatever happened to beautiful? Ok, he does say to C "doesn't mom look pretty today?" but not directly to me, usually.

So, yesterday, he tells Lucky "don't tell mom, but I think she has this making spaghetti sauce thing down". Now, he did tell me that it was the best spaghetti I have made to date. He went further to say that I should never buy spaghetti sauce again and it's "better than Olive garden and Zio's". Yup, from a chef who has worked at high end Steakhouses, I make the best spaghetti.

Wondering my secrets? Last night, I used mild Italian sausage, I toned down the other Italian spices I usually put in but kept the garlic and onion amounts the same. I didn't want the spices to overpower you when eating with the already amped up sausage.

Want to know more? Click back a few posts to find out what I usually add to my tomato sauce.

What is something you do to illicit comments from your other half? And what is your "best" meal? Do tell!

XOXO
Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment