Friday, May 17, 2013

Bullying

C has officially began taking karate. She now goes 3 times a week. She has been doing very well. She earned her second stripe on her white belt! She is a serious rockstar!

Speaking of C, we did miss Wednesday's class. On her way home from school, a girl put her in a headlock and punched her in the face. I told her dojo the situation and they were understanding. They even spoke with us about ways to handle those types of situations. Today after class, her teacher taught her two different ways to get out of a headlock.

I just want to say how grateful I am that this is where I chose to have my daughter learn. They are a huge resource and wealth of information. I wouldn't have had this otherwise.

I did talk to the school. They let us know that we could press charges. After B and I discussed it, it doesn't feel right to press charges on a 9 or 10 year old girl. We are letting the school handle it and taking measures to ensure our daughter can defend herself if it ever comes down to it.

I do want to say this: bullying is NOT Ok. I believe there is more going on with the girl who is bullying my daughter, something at home. It's not my place to point fingers, but that is my belief. Children learn to be violent or mean somewhere, they don't just wake up and think about it. That is part of the reason we will not pursue it further. There is no point in making the other child's life miserable at home, it could already be hell. Don't think I am letting this slide, because I'm not, I just think there is better ways to fix the issue. No bones were broken, no bruises, nothing that a mother's love couldn't fix.

XOXO
Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment