Saturday, July 13, 2013

Ask me or B


This is the final installation of quick and easy meals to cook using meat. Today, I am going to share a meal I ate when I was a kid. I apparently make it differently than the rest of the family, but my family loves it "my way". It's Potato Chip Casserole.

Funny story about this dish, when B and I started dating, he thought I didn't know how to cook. I made him spaghetti and mac & cheese. Nothing else. I gave him options: potato chip casserole or sloppy joes. He went with sloppy joes. He said he was scared of the name. Also, his version of sloppy joes involved manwich. I have never had the stuff.

On with the recipe!

Potato Chip Casserole

1 pound ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can chicken noodle soup
1 can sweet corn, drained
1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow noodles
Sliced American cheese
Potato chips

-Preheat oven to 350° F.
-Cook your noodles according to the box.
-Cook your ground beef at the same time. Drain off excess grease.
-In a large bowl, dump chicken noodle soup, cream of mushroom soup, and drained canned corn. Add ground beef and noodles once they are fully cooked.
-Pour mixture into a casserole dish and spread evenly so the top is flat.
-Place sliced cheese over it in a single layer covering the entire top.
-Crush potato chips over the top of that in a layer to cover the cheese.
-Place in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

If you aren't a fan of mushrooms, you can substitute cream of chicken. I don't have a casserole dish, so I use my 9x13 baking pan, we get more topping that way.

My family loves this dish. I almost have to make a double batch. And yes, B isn't sure what he was so afraid of, he loves it now.
I hope I have given Lindsay a start of ideas and recipes to begin with. I love cooking for the family and they love eating what I cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment