Monday, July 8, 2013

Ask me or B

Another installment of Ask me or B! Again, I am answering a question, previously mentioned here. I am back today with one our family favorites Pot Roast! I found the recipe online and have since adapted it to our liking.

Beef Pot Roast
-1 packet ranch dressing mix
-1 packet brown gravy mix
-1 packet italian dressing seasoning mix
-1/3 cup water
-pot roast (I ask at the meat counter what cut of meat is best for a pot roast)
-crock pot
-potatoes, cut into fairly large pieces
-"baby" carrots
-onions (optional), cut into wedges
-any other veggies you like with pot roast, maybe celery?

Mix ranch dressing mix, brown gravy mix, italian dressing seasoning mix and water together in a small bowl.
Place your meat into the crock pot. Pour the water mixture over it. Add onions, potatoes, and carrots (and any other vegetables you prefer) over it, I usually fill it full, we like leftover pot roast.
Plug in your crockpot and put it on LOW. Let it cook for 6-8 hours on LOW until potatoes and carrots are soft enough to put a fork into. You can cook it on high if you are in a crunch for 3-4 hours, I don't recommend it though. It is better with anything in the crockpot to cook it low and slow over a longer period of time. Things marinade better and there is a less chance of overcooking.

I love making this dish anytime. Its very filling and I can dump it all in the crockpot in the morning and come home to already made food! I love that!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I'll give this a try soon :) Thank you Jes!

    ReplyDelete