Monday, April 15, 2013

Do it!

I am a faithful reader of Post Secret. I read the secrets today and one talked about a magazine. This is kind of my response to the whole thing...

I have tools.  I get funny looks when I pull my Leatherman out of my purse. I worked for years at has stations and it's just as easy for me to tighten a loose screw than wait for someone's else to do it. My multi tool is awesome and I asked for one. I don't need to wait around for a man to do something for me.

We have shopped at ikea. I personally put together what we have purchased. I have not lived at my dad's house for almost 10 years, during that time, 6 of those years I wasn't married. I bought furniture, so I had to put it together.

Even before I was married, I had a socket at under my car seat and some other general tools, none of which were pink.

Honestly, there is nothing that I can't do. Yes, I have been waiting to hang pictures in my house for my husband to help, but he is 6'3, I am not. I don't have a chair to stand on. And I want his input. I lived a single life and I have taught my daughter to do things on her own. I did so by example.

There is no reason why a woman can't do certain things. People just live with the archaic idea that women belong in the kitchen, if that was true, why is my husband a chef?

No comments:

Post a Comment