Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Courier...

A Chef's wife's work is never really done. With the opening of the restaurant tomorrow, there was much to be done today for the investor dinner.

Last night, I got a phone call. B needed me to pick up something, take it to the mall and have it at up there before they closed for them to be engraved. Easy peasy, right? Nope.

A million questions later, and a trek across the entire mall, the task was done. You would think it wouldn't be a big deal, I stay at home! Well, I had to rush out while our tween daughter was supposed to be showering and going to bed. This is a nightly battle.

Anyways, today, I thought I would surprise B and his boss by picking them up and delivering them. Then, another errand. This time to the grocery store. A case of water, a case of mountain dew and a 6 pack of bottled soda delivered, I thought I was home free!

Not. I had to make a mad dash back home, walk the dog and find a clean chef jacket and deliver it before 3:30. I also had to be home to let C in. I failed on getting home before C. Oops. Luckily, I forgot to lock the door in my rush.

Bonus: I was done playing courier for the day and I got the olive oil I needed for the potatoes I made tonight. I did pot roast, potatoes, and steamed broccoli. Thankfully, C liked it.

Want the recipe for my pot roast or wanna know how I made the potatoes? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment