Saturday, February 2, 2013

Introductions!

Hello! My name is Jessica, or DCWJes as many people know me by. This is my second attempt at a blog. Currently I am a stay at home mom to a beautiful free spirited 9 year old daughter, C. We also have a pup named Lucky who just turned a year old a few days ago. We also have 2 angel babies, Angelique and Sprout. We have one angel fur baby, Midnight. B, my husband is a chef and 10 years older than I am. I am 28 currently. I will go into some more details as the blog goes on. This is our story...

B and I met when I was waitressing at a restaurant close to his in Omaha, NE. That is my hometown. We met in August 2008. I had a boyfriend at the time and eventually, we broke up. In June of 2009, B and I started dating. We hit it off from the start. C was living at my mom's house at the time, I was almost 3 years sober and still working on it. Things don't always go as planned and the promises take time. I was waiting. So, B and I dated for many months. In February of 2010, he moved into my apartment. April 2010, he proposed in an unconventional way and I said yes. We were married in a small private ceremony July 9, 2010. 

Like crazy people, we moved again. I started seeing C again, long story on that, I may elaborate on it later. C moved back in with me and first time with B in May 2011. It was wonderful. At the time, B was working at a lumberyard after losing his job as an executive chef at a high end steakhouse. He was slowly burning out. Partially due to our losses. 

Last year, B and I decided that we would give the Chef's life another try. We packed up and moved our small family to Branson, MO. Just 2 days before our departure, a tornado hit Branson. It tore the roof off the place B was to work. We had already had everything in place for us to move, so we did. We had no idea of what our future would hold for us. 

B took a job in Springfield, MO and commuted from March to November when we finally took the plunge and moved closer to his work. At the time, everything was up in the air. We had to choose between the comfort of the job that he had had for almost a year and the unknown of a new position and potential growth with a newish company and a new restaurant. We went the safe way until it became unbearable for our family to live in the turmoil that was being caused by the current job. B went to TX a few weeks ago to open 2 new restaurants. We will be joining him in the quest to follow his dreams shortly. It has been difficult to live the day to day life without him. He has the opportunity of a lifetime, and this will allow me to follow my dreams too.

I know that it's a lot easier on the job side of the position that us being up here while he starts on this new journey is easier for B. The emotional, not so much. That is for all of us. C and I are at each other's throats constantly. She is in the "tween" stage at the moment. VERY rough. I am still getting used to life as a Chef's wife, again. I hope you will join me on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment