Thursday, July 18, 2013

Blast from the past: Many shades and styles of me

Today, B paid a woman to cut my hair. I explained to her that I am not satisfied with my hair. I have this mullet-y piece in the back because my hair is too long at my neckline. Originally, I wanted to grow it out.

I started showing her pictures of me past. She thinks I should go back to blonde. And B was in the back agreeing (behind my back!).


These are actually both from 2009. Its the year B and I started dating and the year I stopped trying to please everyone else. I up and chopped off my hair and bleached it in the first pic (of me holding a friend's dog) and I continued to dye it a blonde hue in the second pic (its from Sepetemer). The pics are roughly 5 months apart, but I loved my hair short and sassy like that. Unfortunately, I couldn't find someone to cut my hair that well again.
This picture is from May 2008. I love the style and the color, but it really takes a lot of patience for me to grow it back to this length. Plus....THE HEAT. Oh. Em. Gee. It was hot to maintain it! I have naturally wavy hair and to get it looking like the picture above, I not only had to straighten it, I had to curl it too. And god forbid the humidity was a beast that day, all my efforts would be wasted and I would just pull it up anyways. Lame.

Our wedding day, it was back dark and it was shorter, but not as short. This was in 2010 and I was growing it out or something. I don't really remember. I hated having to find a new hairdresser because the one I liked, quit the salon I went to. I gave up after awhile.
This was earlier this year. I went short again. I loved the cut and the color. In the picture, I was sending it to B and Charity so they could see mama's new do. I wasn't sure because I hadn't "played with it yet". I did love it though. Just we moved away and the original person who cut it, is in Missouri and I am not.

All in all, the consensus is to go back to blonde, and go short again. It fits my personality and it looks good. What do you think?






1 comment:

  1. You are one hot tamale regardless but blonde really suits you!

    ReplyDelete