Saturday, July 6, 2013

Name Game

I was reading an article in Cosmopolitan magazine about celebrities getting married and changing both names to both the wife's maiden and the husbands last name.

It was almost 3 years ago when I got married and had the last name discussion was before that. I did take his last name leaving my maiden name for the males in my family to keep. C does have my maiden name, for now. I asked B about me keeping my maiden name, just for fun, and he was almost offended. He is from further south than I am and it is his mentality for me to take his last name.

Honestly, I just like asking questions to get opinions, I was going to take his last name anyways. I thought for half a second about hyphenating my name, but I wasn't that attached to it. And I am pretty sure my dad knew there would be a day that I took another last name.

The thought of B taking my last name and us having 2 last names, it's just silly. Call us old fashioned. I never had actually signed his last name until I got my new license a few days later. Now, I am very attached to it.

What did you do? Hyphen? Put your maiden name to your middle name? Take his like I did? Make up a whole new one? Or are you both sporting both last names?

XOXO
Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment