Slowly I am coming out of anonymity. Starting small, baby steps people!
Lucky just turned a year and a half. I am always asked what breed he is, he is a bagle hound. A bagle hound is half bassett hound and half beagle (he has other stuff but he is mostly this).
Since he is mostly a hunter, if you don't pay attention while you are taking him for a walk, he will see a squirrel or rabbit and try to take your arm off. Thankfully, I have learned if it's a squirrel, just let go. He will tree it and wait at the tree for you.
He has a great personality. He loves people and likes meeting new people. Just don't make him think you are trying to sneak up on me in the dark, he will growl, but not bite. He also loves meeting other dogs. He doesn't understand why other dogs don't want to meet him. He will cry if he can't meet your dog.
He doesn't know many tricks, sit, up, and speak are pretty much all he knows, I have tried getting him to lay but it's been slow. He does know: kisses (or make a kissing noise and he gives them up, usually). He knows what bedtime is and prefers to sleep with his head on a pillow and sometimes a blanket, as long as it doesn't cover his face.
He loves to chew, especially when he is anxious. We try to keep bones handy if we know he will go through a phase. However, he likes to murder stuffed animals, he dismembers them first, littlest to biggest. Then, the stuffing. Then the squeakers, he will play catch with himself until he loses these. He has the carcasses of many stuffed animals in his box.
Things he regularly plays with or chews: erasers, socks (usually B's), underwear, pens, pencils, straws, and cups. He hasn't chewed a pair of shoes since last summer and they were a pair of flip flops.
I can't think of much else, except if you come to my house and we eat chips, expect to share. He also likes green beans.
Lucky is also terrified of random items. Such as:
- tape measure. We think this has to do with when he was a puppy, we lived on my father in-laws property and he was constantly using tape measure, then some sort of drill or saw. We think the loud noise of the drill scared him.
- vacuum. You can catch him running wildly from it whenever it is on.
- lighters/lit candles. I think he may have gotten to close to one before.
- rain/water. He is a giant sissy!
- thunder. He is not a fan of thunderstorms. He will cuddle up with you just to keep him safe.
Any quirks your dog has?